Due to the Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Events May be Cancelled. Please Refer to the Official Organization’s Website for More Details.
The Pocket Dance Residency 2020 aims to support choreographers in the creative process, connecting them at the same time with other international artists and the dance scene and audience of Thessaloniki.
Where: Studio 29A, Thessaloniki, Greece
When: August 17th – September 6th, 2020.
Deadline for applications: April 19th 2020
ABOUT THE RESIDENCY
The Pocket Dance Residency 2020 is a collaboration between the Pocket Dance Festival and Studio 29A, so as to create and provide a residency program for artists. The residency period will take place in Thessaloniki, Greece, from August 17th to September 6th 2020.
The Residency aims to support choreographers in the creation process, connecting them at the same time with other international artists and the dance scene and audience of Thessaloniki. The Dance performances will be presented in September 4-5-6, 2020.
The goal of the Residency is:
1. to offer space and context to professional dance artists and groups to create and present.
2. to offer professional and high-quality dance performances and other dance events to the citizens of Thessaloniki.
3. to help choreographers to meet and create with dancers and other professional artists from Thessaloniki.
4. to offer space to interdisciplinary groups, community dance choreographers and public space creators.
EACH ARTIST/GROUP RECEIVES:
1. Travel costs up to 100€/person
2. Basic production costs
3. Accommodation with hosts
4. A working studio
5. Venue for 2 Performances with an open price (percentage to the artist)
6. Production and communication support for the performance
7. Pictures and videos from the performances
8. Press coverage
9. Free pass to attend the other performances
10. Opportunity to teach 1 master class
12. Contact with local artists and professionals
EXPECTED FROM THE ARTISTS
1. The artists should be fully committed to the three weeks residency program.
2. One performance will be produced and presented by the end of the program.
3. Collaborations between the artists and the dance community would be preferable.
4. Interdisciplinary Proposals will be preferable.
5. Proposals connected with the community and public space will be preferable.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION HERE
– Fill out the application until April 19th, 2020.
APPLICATION FORM HERE https://forms.gle/GfDbCPRmggASPWpBA
– Transfer the 15€ application fee to the following bank account:
Account Holder: ANGELIDOU VASILIKI
Reference for your transfer: PDR First Name + Last Name
Or through the PayPal Account: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=5WJEGJFGYW3SQ
– Send the receipt of your transfer to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs for participants: 15€ application fee
Copyright 2021 - Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council. All Rights Reserved.