Grants for Media Art 2020 of the Foundation of Lower Saxony at the Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5th of February 2020, 23:59 (CET)
The Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art will award three Grants for Media Art of the Foundation of Lower Saxony (€12,500 each).
The Foundation of Lower Saxony grant at the Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art supports a wide spectrum of media art, from video art and net-based projects to audio works and audio-visual installations.
Each of the three grants will be awarded for the production of a new project in the area of media art.
An international jury will convene to select the recipients of the grants.
Applicants must register for a user account on this website and submit via online application by 5 February, 2020, 23:59 (CET). Applications submitted after this date cannot be taken into consideration.
The grant is valid for a duration of six months (July–December 2020). It cannot be prolonged and residency is compulsory; grant recipients can expect to stay in Oldenburg at least one month.
- The project or artistic work should be completed within the six-month duration of the grant. However, an extension up until April 2021 can be negotiated.
- Only artists may submit an application; insitutions are ineligble.
- Only one application per person per year is permitted.
- Both individual artists and artist groups can apply; however, the grant amount is the same for groups as for individuals. For artist groups, the applicant whose name is provided as a contact will be considered responsible for the project.
- If desired, grant recipients can apply to stay in a furnished guest apartment.
- Grant recipients are expected to be involved in the activities of the Edith-Russ-Haus, including, for example, running workshops and giving presentations and artist talks. The dates of such activities will be arranged in consultation with the Edith-Russ-Haus.
- Beyond the grant amount of €12,500 and the possibility of using one of the guest apartments at the Edith-Russ-Haus, no further costs will be covered during the residency (such as technical means, production means, travel expenses, and living expenses incurred during the grant period).
- A jury consisting of international experts will select the recipients of the grants.
- Only applications submitted through the online application system will be taken into consideration. Applications sent via post or email, as well as any extra materials received by post or email, will be disregarded and disposed of.
- The application may be submitted in either English or German. For German applications, please additionally include an English translation of the summary of the application, as the jury will consist of international participants.
- The grant recipients agree to allow the organizers to use images of their artworks for publication, archiving, website, and communication and marketing purposes without payment, as long as this use is directly related to the grant program.
- An application is considered accepted when the applicant receives confirmation via email. If the application does not adhere to the prescribed requirements, the applicant will not receive an email confirmation.
- The Edith-Russ-Haus and the jury have the unilateral right to exclude applications that do not conform to the above-listed requirements.
- The Edith-Russ-Haus will handle all submitted information with great care. The information and documentation you submit will be used only for the purposes of processing your application. Applicants agree to be contacted by the Edith-Russ-Haus via the email address provided in their application. The jury’s decision will be announced online following the selection process. This is expected to take place at the end of May 2020 at latest. Awardees will be notified via both email and post to the addresses provided in their application. No notifications will be sent to applicants who have not been selected. We ask applicants to refrain from any inquiries concerning the completeness of applications or updates on the evaluation process after the deadline. Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to answer these questions.
Information on filling out your application:
Online application (registration and application: see the submenus in the left-hand navigation bar of this website).The description of your project should include the following information (please designate your PDF file according to the following example: NAME_ TITLE-OF-PROJECT):
Comprehensive description of the project (depending on the project including e.g. installation plan, storyboard, navigation plan, etc.)
Technical means and materials
Work and production schedule
Financing plan (solid financing: own share, third-party funds, if necessary; planned but not yet solid financing: own share, third-party funds, if necessary). If the project should be realised with planned, but not solid third-party funds, it’s necessayry to explain how the project can be realised without these fundings, too.
You may also submit your documentation online. Individual files may not be larger than 10 MB. For video projects: Please do not include links for direct downloads. Instead use a hoster like vimeo or youtube and provide us with the URL (you can choose to use password protection).