Due to the Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Events May be Cancelled. Please Refer to the Official Organization’s Website for More Details.
PACAP 4 \ 01.2020 to 07.2020
Performing Arts Advanced Programme
Curated by João dos Santos Martins
\ ABOUT PACAP – Performing Arts Advanced Programme
PACAP is a training/creation programme geared towards students and professionals in artistic areas, who intend to invest in a period of advanced experimentation, harmonizing it with a theoretical investigation and the exercise of body and movement practices.
The participants will have the opportunity to develop a project, working for a certain time on a potential space of content condensation that will promote investigation, creation, and public presentation.
The programme will combine body practice classes, theoretical seminars led by artists and academics, and coaching, aiming to activate the participant’s resources, feed their processes, and allow an opportunity to test methods and discover paradigms, forms of collaboration and presentation, that configure a sketch of personal practice in the field of performing arts.
Where: Forum Dança, Lisbon, Portugal
When: Programme from 06.01.2020 to 05.07.2020
SECOND PHASE: Deadline September 9, 2019
!!! Second Call !!!
Applications deadline – Second phase until September 9, 2019
Programme from 06.01.2020 to 05.07.2020
\ CONFIRMED GUEST ARTISTS AND SCHOLARS
• Ana Jotta
• Ana Pi
• Ana Rita Teodoro
• Antonia Baehr
• Christinne de Smedt
• Chrysa Parkinson
• Christophe Wavelet
• Eszter Salamon
• Fred Moten
• Joana Sá
• João Fiadeiro
• Latifa Laâbissi
• Miguel Wandschneider
• Moriah Evans
• Paula Caspão
• Pedro Barateiro
• Rita Natálio
• Scarlett Yu
• Vera Mantero
• Xavier le Roy
[*In the frame of “Expanded Practices All Over 2019-2020”.]
From January 6 to July 5, 2020.
• + 21 years old
• Artists with dance experience and/or choreographic practice in progress that seek time and space to deepen their work through collective dialogue and experimentation.
• The schedule of the study programme is intensive. Candidates must be fully available during the entire time of the programme, including availability for night activities, weekends, and holidays.
• The official language of PACAP is English. Candidates must speak, write and understand English.
\ NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
\ PACAP 4 has the support of:
O Rumo do Fumo | ALKANTARA | O Espaço do Tempo | La Place de La Danse | Estúdios Victor Córdon
\ SELECTION PROCESS
SECOND PHASE: Deadline: September 9, 2019
Applications must be written in English and sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
• Motivation letter (1 page A4. pdf)
• CV with mini-biography included (1 page A4. pdf)
• Portfolio documenting works of the candidate including text, images, and links to video recordings(max. 10 pages A4. pdf)
Pre-selected candidates will be invited by e-mail before September 16, 2019 for a collective workshop meeting in Lisbon, in order to select the participants for the programme.
SECOND PHASE: September 28 to 29, 2019
Forum Dança, Espaço da Penha, Lisbon, Portugal
• Workshop and collective conversation;
• Individual presentations and interviews.
Costs for participants:
Enrolment: 120€ Payment: 1800€ until December 29, 2019.
Or two payments of 950 €: First until December 29, 2019; Second until March 10, 2020)
Contact details: FORUM DANÇA
Espaço da Penha
Travessa do Calado 26-B, 1170-070 Lisboa, Portugal
Tel. 213 428 985 | Mobile: 925 103 596
email@example.com | www.forumdanca.pt
www.instagram.com/forumdanca | www.facebook.com/forumdancalx
Copyright 2021 - Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council. All Rights Reserved.